Q&A – Certificate in Happiness Studies
What is so special about this program?
The Certificate in Happiness Studies (
While there are several programs that focus on the psychology of happiness or the philosophy of happiness,
there is no program or course that explores happiness through the lens of different disciplines—including psychology and philosophy,
as well as history, theology, biology, economics, literature, art, and more.
The program provides the knowledge and tools to generate happiness on the individual, interpersonal, organizational, and national level.
What does this program include?
The certificate in Happiness Studies program is a 40-week online program and comprises two courses:
1. Introduction to Happiness Studies. A theoretical and scientific exploration of the field (26 weeks)
2. **Facilitating Happiness. Evidence-based tools and techniques for a happier life (14 weeks).
** Prerequisites - Introduction to Happiness Studies course.
The first course includes 26 lectures and 13 live webinars,
while the second course includes 14 lectures and 6 webinars – all led entirely by Dr. Ben Shahar.
You will receive lifetime access to lectures and the opportunity to ask questions, share insights,
and learn through the live webinars.
In addition, each week you will receive guided meditations, visualization exercises, journaling activities and more.
For a full learning experience, we recommend
Is this program right for me?
If you are interested in becoming happier, and/or interested in helping others become happier,
then this program may be right for you.
More specifically, here are some of the situations that may be relevant for you:
• As a coach—helping your clients become happier, as well as more receptive to change.
• As a therapist—beyond making your clients happier, contributing to their resilience and ability to overcome difficulties.
• As a manager—increasing levels of wellbeing in the organization, and with it
• As a teacher—helping you become a better, more authentic
• As a consultant—helping you bring out the best in individuals, teams, and organizations.
• As a parent and/or partner—learning to bring out the best in yourself and your family, cultivating more positive and authentic relationships.
Do I need to go somewhere in order to hear the lectures?
No :).This is an ONLINE program. You can learn from wherever you are and integrate the teachings into your day to day life.
We estimate you will have to DEVOTE 3-4 hours a week to the lessons.
How will I benefit from taking this program?
Here is a partial list of the potential benefits of
• Engage with rigorous and accessible material that can help you find more meaning and joy in your life.
• Learn to help others—whether family members, friends, or colleagues—lead a happier, more meaningful life.
• Assume the role of Chief Happiness Officers (CHOs) or a Wellbeing Program Manager of an organization—whether a business, an NGO or a school.
• Conduct workshops, lead seminars, and deliver lectures in the field of Happiness Studies to the general public and/or professional groups.
• Ongoing access to new material including the latest research and ideas in the field of happiness studies.
• Exclusive access to live, online and face-to-face events.
• Membership in a supportive international community dedicated to making the world a better, happier place.
What are the requirements to earn the Certificate?
To earn the certificate participants, you will need to:
• Watch all prerecorded lectures.
• Attend 70% of the live webinars.
• Fill in your life journal exercises.
What happens if I start the program and don't like it?
We are sure you will! But, in case you won't, you can get a refund within 30 days.
Sounds great! When does your next program begin?